Friday, 6 October 2017

Of me: marriage 3.

This morning, i witnessed a friend who is a pregnant wife living far away from her husband and family had her heart broken in the name of doing things right according to acts and sections.

I concluded: above rules, regulations, acts and sections, there is a word that would or should tolerate that heart breaking situation: humanity.

I don't know if this perception will change. Nevertheless, this is the word that would always came to my mind when i faced such situations too. Where the conflict is between doing things right according to the acts and sections or doing the right things to avoid our feelings from being bruised and broken.

Yesterday, i spent an evening with another pregnant friend (my girlcrush, remember?) who is also living far away from her husband but has her parents with her. We walked at the park without a break. She got exhausted and some pain for that.

She, too, was tortured by her colleagues about her duty (which should can be helped by the name of empathy and humanity) eventho she's already on her maternity leaves.

Sharing these moments with them, i'm not sure how should i have expectations in a not long-distance marriage.

One thing i have in mind is, since my housemate experienced her misscarriage, i think, when i get married, i just want to be near to my husband. I just want to be with him. I pray for a not long-distance marriage. For having long-distance relationship with my parents and siblings is enough. It's already painful. It's already difficult for me.

I just understand, in a way, my two friends' (mentioned above) situation for not having somebody caring near them physically, thus i just really want to be a little light for them to make them feel ease.

Well. This just define my love language too.

My love language is act of services.

I feel satisfied doing things for them.

For, i don't tell them i love them. I don't really give them presents.

And, i'd feel useless and guilty if i found that i wasn't around to help those whom i care dearly when i should have the opportunity to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home